The Infrared Thermometer measures body temperature by detecting the intensity of infrared light emitted from the forehead with no contact necessary. The measured heat is displayed as a temperature reading on the large LCD screen.
Infrared forehead thermometer features
- Non-contact, ultra-fast and accurate temperature readings
- Intelligent fever alarm via a traffic light color-coded backlight: Green for normal, Yellow for low fever, Red for high fever
- 2 modes – forehead mode and object mode
- High temperature alarm function
- Low battery indicator
- Automatic shut-off
- Recall of the last 10 tempearure readings
- °C or °F readings
Memory mode – Memory mode can be accessed either in forehead mode or object mode and automatically saves the last 10 temperature readings. Each saved reading also records the measurement date, time and mode icons.
Object mode – Object mode shows the actual, unadjusted surface temperatures, which is different from the body temperature. It can help you to monitor if an object’s temperature is suitable, for example heated baby milk.
Temperature indicator and fever alarm – When using the thermometer in forehead mode, if the thermometer reading is below 37.8°C (100°F), a happy face will be displayed next to the reading. If the temperature reading is 37.8°C (100°F) or above, an unhappy face will be displayed next to the reading and the there will be a long beep sound followed by three short beep sounds to warn the user.