The Dementia Day Clock can help if you care for a loved one with dementia and are worried about them becoming agitated or wandering due to their confusion about the time of day.
- Our dementia clocks clearly displays the period of day (e.g. ‘Now it’s Tuesday Morning’) to reduce confusion about the time of day
- Reduces your loved one’s anxiety about missing important events and appointments
- A dementia clock means your loved one will be less likely to wander in the night
How does the Day Clock work?
Many people with dementia have difficulty distinguishing between day and night. This can cause disorientation, confusion and wandering.
The Dementia Day Clock’s award-winning design aims to reduce this confusion, by clearly and simply displaying the period of day, rather than the exact time.
So if it’s 10am on a Wednesday, the Day Clock will display ‘Now it’s Wednesday Morning’. This orientates the person with dementia to the right period of the day.
How does the Day Clock benefit my loved one?
- Reminds them of the period of day: Either morning, afternoon, evening or night
- Helps them to distinguish between day and night. This reduces the likelihood of them wandering at inappropriate times and getting into potentially unsafe situations
- Helps them to maintain their daily routine
How does the Day Clock benefit me?
- Reduces your anxiety about your loved one wandering at night
- Gives you a tool to help orientate your loved one to the period of day when they are becoming anxious and confused
- Easy to set up – plug and play straight from the box
- Clear, simple display
- Anti-tamper button sequencing, so your loved one can’t accidentally change the settings
- Corner lights mean that the clock can still be seen at night
- Times of day can be customised. So if you’d prefer the clock to change from ‘night’ to ‘day’ at 6am rather than 7am, this can be programmed in
- 12-month warranty
Download our Dementia Day Clock brochure