Making a life photo album can be an enjoyable and empowering activity for a person living with dementia.
The Talking Photo Album is a great way for a loved one living with dementia to remember those special times. This can be a collection of photos that represent happy events like weddings, holidays and the birth of children.
As dementia progresses it affects people’s ability to express themselves so you may need to learn new ways to understand and communicate with them. A talking photo album is a great way to do this, enabling greater interaction, and open up communication between the individual and their carers, family and friends.
Each page of the talking photo album includes your own sounds or recordings that brings the picture to life creating a bridge to the past. Each of the 20 pages will hold a single 5×7″ Photo.
They can also act as audible information readily available as a quick reference for those living with dementia, such as which medication should be taken, or how the microwave works. It can even be referred to by carers to learn more about the person they are providing care for.
You can simply record a separate voice message on each page using the built-in microphone. Re-record as many times as you wish – reuse time and time again.
The Albums have a variety of uses for people with a visual impairment, Alzheimer’s, Dementia or Huntington’s Disease. They can be applied to activities for children or adults with special needs or for anyone who just wishes to have audible information readily available as a quick reference.
- Great way for a loved one living with dementia to remember those special times
- Enables greater interaction, and opens up communication
- Can act as a security tool when person is taken to unfamiliar places such as the hospital
- Include your own recorded voice messages and even music providing a personal touch which brings the picture to life
- Provides a quick reference for those living with dementia including reminders and how to do everyday tasks
- Can be referred to by carers to learn more about the person they are providing care for.
- Includes 6 minutes of recording space (approx. 18 seconds of audio per page)
- Top Quality Recording in HD (High Definition)
- Recording Format: High Quality WAV format 192kbps sample rate
- Playback Formats: WAV and MP3
- Each page has an individual PLAY/STOP Button
- Earphone Socket for personal listening, (3.5mm Phono).
- Built-in Speaker with Volume Control
- Batteries are included and replaceable: 3 x AAA.
- Recordings are preserved forever, even when batteries are replaced.
- Size: 225 x 175 x 35mm Approx.