Reliving memories is an enjoyable and empowering activity for someone living with dementia
Now you can bring memories back to life for your loved one with dementia, thanks to the Dementia Talking Photo Album…
- Enables personalised audio recordings to bring the pictures to life, meaning your loved one can easily relive their memories
- 20 pages to fill with precious memories or to help remind them to do everyday tasks
- Acts as a security tool when a person is taken to an unfamiliar place such as a hospital or care home, so they feel at ease
How does the Talking Photo Album work?
The Talking Photo Album for dementia is a great way for a loved one living with dementia to remember those special times. This can be a collection of photos that represent happy events – weddings, holidays and the birth of children.
As dementia progresses it affects people’s ability to express themselves so you may need to learn new ways to understand and communicate with them.
A Talking Photo Album is a great way to do this, enabling greater interaction, and opening up communication between the individual and their carers, family and friends.
On each page of the Talking Photo Album, you can include your own sounds or recordings to help bring the picture to life and create a bridge to the past.
The recordings can also act as a quick and easy reference to help the person you are caring for remember to do important things (such as which medication should be taken, or how the microwave works).
It can even be referred to by your loved one’s carers to help them learn more about your loved one, so they can provide the best care possible.
You can simply and easily record a separate voice message on each page using the built-in microphone, or you can transfer your own using the USB socket in no time.
Re-record as many times as you wish – reuse time and time again.
How does the Dementia Talking Photo Album benefit my loved one?
- Encourages memories – record and tell the adventures, joys and mishaps of that wedding, holiday or other special occasion
- Provides comfort – it can act as a security tool if your loved one is in an unfamiliar place and it may help to see pictures of familiar faces and hear voice recordings
- Quick reference tool – can include reminders on how to do everyday tasks
How does the Talking Photo Album benefit me?
- Opens up communication and enables greater interaction with your loved one
- Peace of mind knowing that your loved one has an item that they can go to for comfort and reference
The Talking Photo Album can benefit people with…
- All types of dementia
- Huntington’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- People with visual impairments
- Adults with learning disabilities
- An activity for children
- Babies – record their first words!
The Talking Photo Album can make a unique gift for anyone. The possibilities are endless…
Click the ‘Add to Basket’ button at the top of the page, for the peace of mind you deserve…
- Has 200 minutes of recording space (approx. 10 minutes of audio per page)
- Has a cutout on the front cover to insert a photo of your choice
- 20 pages that will hold a single 5×7 photo or image
- Batteries are not included and are replaceable: 3 x AAA
- Recordings are preserved forever, even when the batteries are replaced
- Built-in microphone with High Definition (HD) recording quality
- Built-in speaker with volume control
- Earphone socket for those with hearing difficulties (3.5mm Phono)
- Each page has a PLAY/ PAUSE/ STOP button
- USB cable included for file transfer
- Size: 225 x 175 x 35mm Approx.
- Black Faux Leather Cover